The 2020 Headwaters Race has been Canceled
A note from the Race Director - April 22, 2020: After careful consideration and much deliberation, the Headwaters Adventure Race scheduled for July 11, 2020, has been canceled. We went back and forth on whether to offer a virtual option but given the complexity of the race and the uncertainty of the timeline for social distancing orders we did not feel it was a viable option.
If you registered for the race you should have received an email earlier providing you with options for your registration. If you did not receive the email please reach out to us.
We are so sorry to have to deliver this message. We hope that you and your loved ones remain safe. On behalf of the Portage Park District Foundation Board and the Portage Park District, we thank you for your continued support of the parks.
RUN, PEDAL and PADDLE for trails and watershed conservation!
Run 2 miles on the Headwaters Trail
Bike 10 miles on rural roads past scenic landscapes
Paddle 5 miles on the Upper Cuyahoga Scenic River
Participants can race SOLO or on a TEAM.
Race Map Download
Questions? Contact: Kristi at email@example.com or 440-231-2311
Race registration rates:
Individual with kayak rental – $59
Individual without rental (SAVE $10!) – $49
Team (teams must be in canoe together-only one rental needed) – $69
Special rates are available for students! (click register for more details)
Race Starts at 8 a.m., Packet pick-up and registration from 6:45-7:45 a.m.
New to the Race?
On race day - you will do the following:
1. If you are using your own kayak/canoe - drop off at Camp Hi prior to coming to Buchert Park.
2. Arrive at Buchert Park, volunteers will show you where to park and then you will check-in at the pavilion.
3. Set up your bike at the bike station.
4. Get ready to run, the starting line is at Buchert Park at E. High St.
5. 8 a.m.- the race begins, you will run out 1 mile, turn around and return to the park
6. Finish run at the park, retrieve your bike and begin your ride to Camp Hi. (you will leave your bike at Camp Hi, to be picked up after the race)
7. Arrive at Camp Hi, and proceed to your kayak/canoe to complete the paddle portion of the race.
8. Arrive at Buchert Park via the Cuyahoga River, volunteers will assist you in your exit and instruct you to run through the finish line on land. You will need to cross the finish line to officially complete the race.
9. Refreshments are available and Awards will be presented after the race in the pavilion.
10. Pick up your bike at Camp Hi on your way home and celebrate your experience!