OhioMeansJobs Portage County offers a variety of programs and services designed to meet your employment needs. Our Resource Center is a collaborative partnership that brings resources to job seekers in one location. All of the center self-help services are FREE and open to ANY job seeker with educational or training needs. We are located at 253 South Chestnut Street in Ravenna, Ohio and are open Monday through Friday from 8:00AM through 4:30PM.
Resource Center Services:
- Fully functional computer lab with internet connection
- Job readiness resource materials (books, DVDs, magazines, etc.)
- Job readiness workshops (soft skills, mock interviewing, dress for success, and more)
- Access to free resume paper, faxing, copying and mailing
- Job search and employment assistance
- Independent or staff-assisted resume writing
- WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker and Youth Program Services
- Assistance filing for Unemployment Compensation
- Pipeline development initiatives
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Connections/referrals to agency partners and community resources
Our friendly and professional team is on hand to help job seekers strengthen their interviewing skills, create more marketable resumes, identify and highlight transferable skill sets, connect and refer to agency partners and other community resources and provide information and resources on training opportunities.
OhioMeansJobs.com is more than just an online job board and resume bank. It is a full-fledged online career counseling center, proving a menu of career services to job seekers and an abundance of resources for businesses looking to hire. It provides a self-directed front door for job seekers and businesses interest in employment programs.
When you go to OhioMeansJobs.com landing page, you will find options to “get started” as an employer, individual or an option to job search. You can click any of those options or allow OWEN (red cardinal) to take you on a guided tour! He offers step by step instructions on how to register for an account and offers an overview of online services. Additionally, you’ll find icons, like those below, that provide direct links to online services. There is no wrong way to access the information you need! Just remember that you can’t save your information to your backpack without creating and/or logging into your account.
Online services include:
- A virtual backpack that includes a document storage element, school, scholarship, career and employment program searches
- Information on local career fairs and workshops
- Free practice testing for ACT, SAT and GED
- WorkKeys Assessment
- Information on apprenticeship programs and internships
- A budget calculator with cost of living calculations
- Labor Market Information
- In-Demand and Green Career Options
- Free online job training through Lynda.com (library card needed)