Scroll down to explore the forms on this page. Follow the links below for additional forms on the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles web site. Opening form requires Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free.
- Request to Lien Holder for Out of State Title
- BMV 3773 - Surviving Spouse Affidavit - The surviving spouse can take title to passenger vehicles not exceeding $65,000 in value. The applicant submits the title, surviving spouse affidavit, application for certificate of title, and an original death certificate.
- P-076a Repossession Affidavit - This form is used to for voluntary assignment of title by borrower to lien holder.
- BMV 3774 - Application(s) for Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle - This form is used to apply for an Original, Duplicate, Memorandum or Salvage Ohio Certificate of Title to a motor vehicle.
- BMV 1173 (Rev. 10/00) - Record Request Form - This form is used by individuals or companies requesting information from vehicle record, title, or driver record as required by the Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) 9/13/97.
- Affidavit for Designation of Beneficiary or Beneficiaries by the Sole Owner for a Motor Vehicle, Watercraft, or Outboard Motor Certificate of Title - BMV 3811 (Rev. 7/02) - This form is completed by individuals who upon death, wish to transfer ownership by designating a beneficiary or beneficiaries of a titled vehicle, watercraft, or outboard motor. This includes ATV's, off-road vehicles, manufactured homes, motor homes, recreational vehicles, and trailers and semi-trailers weighing in excess of 4,000 pounds.
- Power of Attorney (for Certificate of Title) - BMV 3771 (Rev. 6/02) - This form is used by an owner of a motor vehicle to allow someone other than the owner to execute the assignment of or make application for certificate of title for a motor vehicle.
If you need additional information on transferring a title contact: PORTAGE COUNTY AUTO TITLE DEPARTMENT (330) 297-3450 or, (330) 297-3453