The Portage County Health District is working with our county emergency response partners to ensure citizens are protected if a bioterrorism attack, disease outbreak or natural disaster happens in our community. These events could have long term impact on the community’s health and safety and disrupt our daily routines.
During a public health emergency information will be posted on this website for response and recovery.
- Learn what to do before, during and after a disaster
- Learn how to teach others to turn off electricity, gas, and water
- Update insurance policies
- Know how fire extinguishers work (check fire extinguishers, replace batteries flashlights twice a year)
- Safeguard copies of important documents
Make a Plan:
- Plan to protect yourself and your family. Make sure to include your pets.
- Making a Plan Resource
Portage County Public Health Preparedness Plans
Our agency welcomes public input regarding ANY of the Portage County Public Health Emergency Preparedness Plans. Listed below are the plan (s) available for review and comment. Please email Robert Walker, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator at [email protected] with your suggestions.