Did you know that 3 out of 4 car seats are installed incorrectly? Portage County Health District is committed to providing the following services:
- Car Seat Distribution: Portage County Health District provides car seats and booster seats for financially eligible families through the Ohio Buckles Buckeye Program. These seats are available after parents or caregivers attend a car seat education class. By appointments only. Contact Kim at 330-296-9919, ext. 126 to find out if you are income eligible.
- The Ohio Buckles Buckeyes Program is a child passenger safety program of the state of Ohio that provides child safety seats and booster seats to low income families in Ohio. The goals of the program are to reduce the number of child traffic deaths, to increase the availability of child safety seats, to increase the use of child safety seats, and to increase the proper installation and use of child safety seats.
- Car Seat Inspections: Portage County Health District provides car seat safety inspections by certified child passenger safety technicians at no cost for all families in Portage County by appointment. Car seats are checked for recalls, damage, missing parts, and correct use and secure installation.
- Car Seat Education: Car Seat Safety education is provided by certified child passenger safety technicians to any individual, agency, organization, or club in Portage County. Car seat safety classes are held by appointment.
- Community Outreach: Car seat safety information is provided at community events such as health fairs and farmers markets by Portage County Health District certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians. Portage County Health District holds car seat safety events throughout Portage County. Would you like to host a car seat safety event? Contact Ali at 330-296-9919, ext. 129 to learn how.
To learn more about the Portage County Health District Car Seat Safety Program or to schedule an appointment, call Kim at 330-296-9919, ext. 126.