Portage County’s Certified Plumbing Inspector (CPI) ensures the safety of plumbing systems in new and remodeled commercial and residential structures.
Plumbing Program provides registration of all plumbing contractors and their employees, and inspections of all commercial and residential plumbing installations. Staff also conducts plan reviews and inspections. Our department provides service to the following townships: Atwater, Brimfield, Charlestown, Deerfield, Edinburg, Franklin, Garrettsville, Hiram, Mantua, Nelson, Palmyra, Paris, Randolph, Ravenna, Rootstown, Shalersville, and Suffield.
Plumbing information and inspections in Aurora, Kent City and Ravenna City, Streetsboro can be made by contacting:
Aurora Building Department
129 W Pioneer Trail
Aurora, Oh 44202
Kent City Building Department
930 Overholt Road
PO Box 5192
Kent, Ohio 44240
Phone: (330) 678-8107
Fax: (330) 678-8030
530 North Freedom Street
Ravenna, Ohio 44266
City of Streetsboro
9184 State Route 43
Streetsboro, Ohio 44241
Phone: (330) 626-4942 ext. 4132
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the owner purchase a plumbing permit?
- Residential - Yes, with a signed homeowners affidavit
- Commercial - No
Can I make an appointment to meet the inspector?
Yes, you can make an appointment. Call the Certified Plumbing Inspector for assistance and we will meet you for a consultation.
Plumbing Registration Application
- Code Effective November 1, 2011
- Amendments (Chpt 9) Effective March 15, 2012
- Amendments (Ch 13) Effective March 1, 2013
- Amendments (Ch 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 13) Effective July 1, 2014
- Amendments (Ch 13) Effective January 1, 2015
- OPC Amendments (Ch 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13) Effective January 1, 2016
- Amendments (Ch 3) Effective October 10, 2016
- Code Effective November 1, 2017