MISSION: To promote public health, prevent disease, and protect the environment, utilizing leadership and partnership to empower individuals and communities to achieve optimal health.
VISION: Healthy People. Health Environments. Healthy Communities.
VALUES: Accountability, Communication, Dedication, Ethics, Innovation
Who We Serve
The Portage County Combined General Health District is responsible for preventing disease and promoting health in the following Portage County Areas:
- Serving the Townships of: Atwater, Brimfield, Charlestown, Deerfield, Edinburg, Franklin, Freedom, Hiram, Mantua, Nelson, Palmyra, Paris, Randolph, Ravenna, Rootstown, Shalersville, Suffield, Windham
- Serving the Villages of: Garrettsville, Hiram, Mantua, Mogadore, Sugar Bush Knolls, Windham
- Serving the Cities of: Aurora, Ravenna, Streetsboro
10 Essential Functions of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.