Are you an employer who wants to register for a table at the Job Fair?
Follow this Eventbrite link to register today: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/job-fair-ohiomeansjobs-portage-county-2019-tickets-69450663805?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
How can OMJPC help you prepare for the Job Fair?
OMJPC’s Resource Center, located at 253 S Chestnut Street in Ravenna, is open from 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday. Our friendly team can assist you with preparing a resume for the job fair, conducting practice interviews, giving pointers on completing applications and ensure you are dressed for success. All of our services are FREE and open to the public.
Tips to Obtain Employment at the Job Fair:
- Review available list of employers registered for the job fair and the positions available. When available, apply for the jobs prior to the event. Then during the job fair, make sure to visit that employer’s table and introduce yourself letting them know you already applied for the position. Prepare a brief pitch that highlights your skills and how they relate to the position you want to land.
- Remember to also bring copies of your resume with you to the event. You can prepare and print your resume ahead of time in the OMJPC Resource Center for FREE.
- Be courteous—introduce yourself to employers, make eye contact and shake hands! Make sure to smile!
- Dress for Success—make sure you are dressed appropriately. You never get a second chance to make a first impression so make sure you are wearing interview attire. If you need help with obtaining interview attire stop by the center or contact us. We have a clothing closet onsite and can also make referrals to community agencies.
- Say Thank You—At the job fair, be sure to grab the business cards of those you speak with. Afterwards you should send a brief note thanking that person for discussing the position with you at the event.
Current List of Employers Registered to Attend and Links to their current Job Orders.
Hess Print Solutions
Great Work Employment Services
General Aluminum Manufacturing Company
Arbors at Stow
RN, LPN, STNA
Summit Point Assisted Living
HHA, STNA, LPN all shifts. Homecare & Staffing.
Home Instead Senior Care
Caregivers for Portage County Seniors
Four Seasons Manufacturing
Hiring product packers for 1st & 2nd shift.
Cleveland Punch and Die
Deerfield AG Services
PT CDL Drivers
Care For You Home Health Care Agency
Cleveland Steel Container
Seal Master Corporation
The Davey Tree Experts Co.
The Home Depot
Independence of Portage County
Family Tree Home Care
Ohio Department of Transportation