Welcome to OhioMeansJobs Portage County
Our Mission is to develop and strengthen our workforce by empowering and connecting individuals and businesses to collectively grow the economic stability of our community.
OMJ Portage County has a variety of services designed to meet your employment needs:
- OhioMeansJobs.com is not just a job board and resume bank, it’s a full-fledged online career counseling center, providing a menu of career services for all Ohioans.
- OhioMeansJobs.com provides a central front door for individuals and businesses interested in employment programs.
Ohio Workforce Education Network (OWEN) can take you on a guided tour of OhioMeansJobs.com and offer you step by step instructions to help you get registered.
Online services include:
- A virtual backpack that includes a document storage element, school, scholarship, career and employment program searches.
- Information on local career fairs and workshops
- Free practice testing, ACT, SAT, GED
- WorkKeys Assessment
- Information on apprenticeship program and internships
- A budget calculator with cost of living calculations
- Labor Market Information
- In Demand and Green Careers
Need face to face services? Stop by our local OMJ center! OMJ Center Services are free and open to the public!
Assisting local job seekers and employers with their job search needs:
- Job Search and employment assistance
- Independent or staff-assisted resume writing
- Job postings/vacancies
- WIOA services and Youth Program Services
- Assistance filing for Unemployment Compensation
- Access to free resume paper, faxing, copying, and mailing
- Resource materials on job readiness topics (videos, books, magazines)
- Work Experience Programs
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Assistance with recruiting, interviewing, and screening of applicants
- Rapid Response Services to support employees of businesses moving or going out of business
Resume writing, mock interviews, application completion, dress for success, soft skills, and more!
Comprehensive Case Management Employment Program (CCMEP) Services for your 14-24.
- Individualized Case Management Services
- Comprehensive Assessments to identify skills and barriers
- tutoring, study skills training, instruction and evidents-based dropout prevention
- Alternative secondary school services and drop-out recovery services
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- Occupational skills training
- Education offered concurrently with workforce preparation activities
- Leadership development
- Follow-up services
- Comprehensive guidance and sounseling
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Activities that help youth transition to post-secondary education and training
|Mandy Berardinelli||OMJ - Portage Workforce Administrator||(330) 298-4528|