The Department of Budget and Financial Management is a support organization to the Portage County government. Major objectives include:
- Provide the Board of County Commissioners with objective financial and budgetary analytic support to enhance their decision-making abilities.
- Provide the citizens of Portage County documentation on the past, present and future expenditure of their tax dollars.
- Enhance the government's ability to demonstrate accountability to the citizens of the County.
- Develop and recommend fiscal and budgetary policies for consideration by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Work with County departments and agencies to assist them in defining true fiscal needs and to develop multiple implementation strategies for consideration by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Develop five year financial forecasts of County revenues and expenditures by department and major expenditure category.
- Develop analytic computer models to test "what-if" scenarios.
- Develop compensation projection models by department and by position.
- Work closely with grant fund managers to ensure that they have been budgeted and are appropriated sufficiently to operate throughout the year.
- Prepare the fiscal County tax budget and the appropriations budget on an annual basis for all County departments.
- Develop and maintain computerized tracking and reporting tools.
|Todd A. Bragg||Director||(330) 298-3034|