The Real Estate Department also assists in the application process for the following tax reduction programs:
- Homestead Exemption, (Available to seniors & disabled).
- *2.5% Property Tax Reduction (Owner occupied dwellings).
*Every property owner that resides in their own property is due a 2.5% reduction on their property tax bill. Homeowners must make application for this reduction. This is often taken care of at time of transfer of real estate. To receive the two and one-half percent (2 1/2 %) owner occupancy credit, you must own and occupy your home as your principal place of residence (domicile) on January 1 of the year you file for the reduction. A homeowner and spouse are entitled to this reduction on only one home in Ohio.
- CAUV Program – current agricultural use value program.
- Forest Land – lands which the owner thereof declares is devoted exclusively to forestry of timber.
- Tax Abatements – available exemptions to serve for renovation and new construction.