Ken Dye, Chief Plumbing Inspector
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
|(In all areas except the Cities of Kent
- Inspection of the
plumbing in all existing homes prior to hook-up to the
sanitary sewer lines.
REGISTRATION FOR PLUMBING CONTRACTOR
- A person wanting to register as a Plumbing Contractor in Portage
County should provide the following:
A $150.00 payable to the Portage County Health Department.
- Certificate of Insurance in the amount of $300,000/$300,000
Bodily Injury and $100,000 Property Damage with Portage County
Health Department, 705 Oakwood St., Suite 208, Ravenna, Ohio 44266,
as the certificate holder. Certificates of Insurance must show an
expiration date; those marked “Continuous” will not be accepted.
- New Plumber’s Application for Registration Sheet (see
Applications & Forms)
- Please note: partial inspections may be performed; however, an
additional fee of $50.00 will be charged for each partial
- Copy of State Plumber’s License
Please have the plumbing permit number and township when calling in
for inspections. No plumbing systems will be approved without a
water or air test at the time of inspection.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact
this office between 8:00 and 10:00 A.M. most weekdays and ask to
talk to an inspector in the Plumbing program.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A PLUMBING PERMIT
- When a homeowner is doing his or her own plumbing, the homeowner
must take out the plumbing permit. If a registered plumber is doing
the plumbing, the plumber must take out the plumbing permit.
- When the homeowner is taking out the plumbing permit, they are
encouraged to have a schematic drawing of the plumbing. If the
homeowner is doing his own plumbing, an affidavit must be signed and
notarized by the homeowner (the Health Department supplies this
- The Plumbing Inspector is in the Health Department between the
hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. All plumbing permits must have the
approval of the Plumbing Inspector. Payment for the permit is
required at the time of making application.
- The cost of the permit is $50.00 base fee (base fee for
commercial permits are $60.00). There are additional charges for
fixtures in the home. All prices are listed on the application.
- When calling for an inspection, the plumbing permit number and
township where the work is being performed is required.
- For disapproved plumbing there is a $50.00 re-inspection charged
to the permit applicant. The fee must be paid prior to the
- The Plumbing Inspector does not inspect within the cities of
Streetsboro, Kent, Ravenna, and Aurora.
705 Oakwood St., Suite
Ravenna, OH 44266
Ph: 330-296-9919 Fax:
Back to top of page