Property Records |
Tax Reduction Programs |
Real Estate Conveyance Fee
Estate Tax Procedures |
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Single Audit & CAFR Report
MANUFACTURED HOMES DELINQUENT ADVERTISING LIST
DELINQUENT ADVERTISING LIST TAX YEAR 2013/Pay 2014
DOG TAGS ONLINE
The Auditor’s Real Estate Department transfers
deeds and other real property transfer documents prior to their
recording. As a result, the office also maintains property ownership
records to assist the County Treasurer in real estate tax billing
The cost is $4.00 per $1,000.00 of the purchase
price and .50cents per parcel to transfer.
The following information concerning Portage
County real estate is available to the public:
- Parcel ownership histories.
- Property valuations.
- Property sales information.
- Real estate tax and special assessment information.
One of the primary statutory responsibilities of the Auditor’s
office is accounting for over 250 Portage County funds which are
used to provide services to our residents. The Auditor and her staff
record and track the revenue sources and the expenses of every
elected official and the many different departments that make up
The Auditor is the Chief Administrator for the Information
Technology Services Department, which manages and supports computer
systems in use by Portage County departments, boards and
The Real Estate Department also assists in the
application process for the following tax reduction programs:
- Homestead Exemption , (Available to seniors & disabled).
- *2.5% Property Tax Reduction (Owner occupied dwellings).
*Every property owner that resides in their own property is due a
2.5% reduction on their property tax bill. Homeowners must make
application for this reduction. This is often taken care of at
time of transfer of real estate. To receive the two and one-half
percent (2 1/2 %) homestead tax reduction, you must own and occupy
your home as your principal place of residence (domicile) on
January 1 of the year you file for the reduction. A homeowner and
spouse are entitled to this homestead tax reduction on only one
home in Ohio.
- CAUV Program – current agricultural use value program.
- Forest Land – lands which the owner thereof declares is
devoted exclusively to forestry of timber.
- Tax Abatements – available exemptions to serve for renovation
and new construction.
In the area of estates, the County Auditor’s
office performs the following services:
- Processes tax releases to allow the transfer of assets of a
Portage County resident.
- Maintains estate tax records and facilitates the collection of
estate tax payments where necessary.
The following licenses are sold through the
Portage County Auditor’s office:
- Dog and Kennel Licenses for all Portage County dogs that have
reached the age of three months.
- Cigarette Licenses for the wholesale or retail sale of
cigarettes and tobacco products.
- Vendors Licenses.
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
The Auditor’s Office works behind the scenes to protect consumers
by using accurate equipment for inspections of scales, meters,
scanning equipment, packages, products and gasoline pumps.
OTHER OFFICIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Issuing monthly statements of county finances.
- Certifying all money into the county treasury.
- Rectifying accounts with the County Treasurer.
- Generating the general tax list and general duplicate of real
and public utility property.
- Distributing real estate taxes to the proper political
- Serving as a member of the Portage County Budget Commission,
Board of Revision and Records Commission.
- Issuing paychecks to all Portage County employees and payments
- Preparing the Annual Financial Report
449 S. Meridian St., 5th Floor, Portage County
PO Box 1217
Ravenna, Ohio 44266
Phone: 330-297-3561 Fax: 330-297-4560
*Toll Free 1-800-772-3799
*For calls in Portage County from a number not local to the 296 /